Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment.
- A responsible adult must accompany you to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, drive you home and remain in contact with you for 4 hours following the procedure.
- You should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office before surgery
If you have had any changes to your medical history or medications please notify the office prior to your surgery.
- If you take routine oral medications such as Coumadin or other blood thinners, please check with Dr. Vega prior to your surgical date for instructions.